Pages

Leaderboard

Friday, January 6, 2012

Life @ NarraSystems Corporation


     The professional world is like a jungle. In order to survive, you must be prepared in the trials ahead. Survival of the fittest, I must say. That is why internship is one great opportunity for every individual. Here are some of my notable experiences during my stay in NarraSystems Corporation.



Programming Dilemma
     I really remember my first week of staying in NarraSystems Corporation since I know from myself that I am not a coder. I was given a task wherein I have to create a student record that can view, insert, update and delete a specific data using C++. At first, my mind went blank and began to pity myself at that time because I did not know what to do while my co-interns are starting to simulate their codes to build the program. Actually, I did not want that to happen again that is why I reviewed some of the things that I learned at FEU – East Asia College. I also seek from help in the books, internet and sometimes ask some questions from my colleagues if there is something that I do not understand. Thankfully, I was able to create it and showed to our program manager afterwards.




Free lunch, anyone?
     One of the things that I find delighting is the free lunch they give to us every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Not only it will save us money but also it gave us less worries on what food are we going to eat. This is also where we can develop camaraderie among employees and interns: Share stories, tell some jokes, and many more.



    Fried chicken is my favorite among the dishes they cook for us. Even though we can classify it as pantawid-gutom, but it really is delicious especially if it is being partnered with catsup. Funny thing here is that there is a low chance that you might can get a chicken that is very meaty.






Meet My Team
    There was a time wherein the company informed us that we are going to be deployed from different team because what we did in our first week is just training. I was being assigned to the database management (DBM) team which is focused on software development and there I met my teammates.




    Our team is composed of a team leader, three interns from FEU – East Asia College and one intern from Asia Pacific College. Mr. John Dewars Agustin, who is the team leader, is the one who manages the tasks and deliberately assign it to us interns afterwards. In fact, he is an ECE graduate and do not engage much in programming. But his logical skills put him into the test and find out that the programming field is what he wants.


    Actually, I can say that I really learned from him and inspired me to pursue my career in programming because of some of the advices that he told to me. With his skills, it looks that he is an expert in this field. And by my surprise he said, “Sabay lang tayo nag-aral dito ng C++, nasa sa iyo na yan kung interesado ka at gusto mong aralin ng husto.”What I like in our team is that we are having fun even if we are encountering problems in the system. It might look like we are just fooling around, but if it is time for work; we are dedicated in our tasks.


    Few weeks later before I end my internship, I was deployed together with one of my teammates into the QA testing team. It is kind of boring since all you have to do is checking of errors and reports it afterwards. But, it is also improves my skill in analyzing because there are times that I would propose a better way in order for the project to be more user-friendly.


Conclusions
    With all the notable experience that I have stated, I therefore conclude that those things gave an impact into my life. Getting out from my comfort zone is essential because that is one way of improving myself to become a better individual.  Like what I have indicated in my experiences, I am having a hard time when it comes to programming. Enthusiasm and dedicated in the work pushed me in order to accomplish my tasks.

    Another one is the importance of money. I realized that it is not easy to earn and should not be wasted in some things that are not significant. That is why I am thankful because of my parents who are working hard for me in order for me to have a good life. Working with a team is also a key to finish a certain module. Doing a task alone is not very efficient especially if it is a project.

    Lastly, despite of the struggles that I have encountered with the company, I still learned many things like gaining experience that I can apply when I land into job after I graduate. Enjoy what you are doing. Love your work.



4 comments:

Large Rectangle